Catch The Star Catch The Star

nice game

I like music. The sounds when you catch the stars a little bit loud, but it is not so critical.

Good luck!

Back2Back Back2Back

awesome!

Awesome art and animations, good music, no doubts - 5/5, 10/10

Elementum Elementum

Nice game!

I like sounds, but presonaly, I don't like timer, I think the time is not enough. )
BTW, I also already working on the game with the same title... :)

Nickkyg responds:

Thanks! The timer is quite short as it was intended to be a Facebook game for people just to spend a minute or two playing. If i ever make a 'full featured' version it will have longer playing modes and a bit more variety! I look forward to playing your game when it pops up :)

Friendly Fire: BaG Friendly Fire: BaG

Very good!

Thanks, very fun game! I'm also realy like the UI animation - very nice!

Diamond Drop 2 Diamond Drop 2

Very good!

Very nice graphics, sounds and music! Very good atmosphere in game - 5/5 :)

Noraa's Flames Tutorial Noraa's Flames Tutorial

it is a bad practice

1) Usage of onClipEvent (enterframe) instead of mc.onEnterFrame is a really bad practice - thats code is hard to be finded in movie.
2) You use a 5 filters, too many for this, it is a slow down your movie, and it is possible make with one or two -blur, and glow, ok, may be two glows (one inside). Before write a tutorial, I guess, you need more expirements. BTW, there many possibilities with in particle animations in timeline - like a color change from orange to yellow, draw shape with a radial gradient is possible too.
3) If you make a tutorial, you need know about theme as much, as it is possible - blur values 10 and 25 is much slower, than near values wich equal 2^X, like 2, 4, 8, 16 etc. Read adobe live docs.
4) To get faster code, is better add all your particles in array, and update all of them into one onEnterFrame.

Well, I can not score this tutorial high, but, just for your work:
6/10 and 3/5.

Flamin-Noraa responds:

the reason i used onClipevent (enterframe) is because I have not quite phased myself into using AS3 yet. You're probably right but I guess it's still the next step for beginners and works as a step. And you can't deny the fact that the flame looks nice. Cheers about the blur values... didn't know that.

Square Divide: Time Trial Square Divide: Time Trial

nice!

Nice game, but file size is too big, I think.

TheGameHomepage responds:

It's only ~2mb which is about average. Anyway, thanks for the 10 :D

Xscape 2142 Xscape 2142

not so good

Well, I think, for first game is better choice a some logic puzzle, or a new arcanoid. :)
But, If something fly, it must have an inertia - the ship acceleration is very impulsive, and it is hard to be controlled. Inertia can be created with this simple algoritm - speed = oldSpeed*i + newSpeed* (1-i), where 'i' beetwen 0-1.

Keep working and learning, and continue to do games, I guess, your second game will be much better. Good luck!

Rocket-Man Rocket-Man

fun!

yes, It is really fun! I like it!

Surviving Stoneland Surviving Stoneland

This is playable. )

It is a bit hard to control rock in horizontal tunnel, but this is a game. )

One more thing - I`m really two times reloaded game yet have not read trough these comments - can be, insert some text comment before each level? :) Something like "Press SPACEBAR to start!"?

Good luck!